Japanese Tax Blog in English

日本の税務情報を英語で書くブログ by みなと国際会計事務所

Information on cash grant for sustaining businesses

time 2020/04/22

Information on cash grant for sustaining businesses
What are these cash grant for sustaining businesses (Jizoku-ka-kyuufu-kin)?
We are providing cash grants to business owners who are greatly affected by the coronavirus situation to help sustain and restart their businesses.

Cash grant amount
For corporate entities, 2 million yen. For sole proprietors, 1 million yen.
Note : However, there is a limit that covers only the sales loss from the previous year.

Calculation for sales decrease
Previous year’s gross sales (Business income) – ( Month in which sales dropped by 50% x 12 months)
Note : The above formula is just a base and we are also taking into consideration business owners for just started their business.

Applies only to :
1) Business’ whose sales have dropped more than 50% this year due to the coronavirus.
2) Small, medium & mid-sized enterprises, freelancers, sole proprietors etc. (Excludes large enterprises (capital of over 1 billion yen)).
Also, medical corporations, agricultural corporations, corporate NPOs and corporate social welfare services etc. can also apply.

SME finance, consultation desk
0570-783183 (Weekdays・Holidays 9:00 to 17:00)

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q1 For which period can we compare the 50% decrease in sales?
Answer : Between January 2020 and December 2020, you can pick any ONE month which shows a comparison decrease of over 50% from the previous year.

Q2 When can we start applying ?
Answer : After the correction budgets are finalized, it will take about a week for the application reception counters to open.
For electronic filings, after applying, it should take about two weeks for the funds to go through.
Note : The funds will be transferred into the applicant’s bank account.

Q3 What are the required information for the application?
Along with the address and bank account number**, please provide the following :
** A copy of the bank book (Corporate entities : Company name, Sole proprietors : Individual name) is required for confirmation.

For corporate entities (houjin) :
1) Corporate number (Houjin-bangou)
2) Copy of 2019’s tax return
3) Documents that show drop in revenue for stated month (General ledger etc.)

For sole proprietors (kojin) :
1) Documents that can confirm individual’s ID
2) Copy of 2019’s tax return
3) Documents that show drop in revenue for stated month (General ledger etc.)

Note : There might be changes to No 3) in the future (request for more documents etc.).

Q4 How do I go about applying?
Answer : You can apply online. If necessary, you can make a physical appointment with us (as a health safety measure, we only accept prior reservations ONLY).
Note : For the application, you do not need a G Biz ID.

Other items which require other explanation for this application is expected to be finalized and announced at the end of April so please wait until then.



Recent Comments